Welcome to the FACS ‘Fetal Anti Convulsant Syndrome’ Association Forums FACS discussion. Got something you want to get off your chest? How many of us took Epilim in pregnancy with no info and your child was affected

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Janet Williams 4 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Janet Williams
    Participant

I suppose we were luck in a way. Both my boys were diagnosed at birth even though my hubby and I weren’t told until our youngest was 18 months old. Although previous to this I had been given no information what so ever, the leaflets in the packaging were non existant until our youngest was 12 months old and so I was non the wiser.

It shouldn’t be left to the woman taking the drug to ask the questions, it should be up to the drug company and the Dept of Health to ensure this information is given well in advance of any woman becoming pregnant if she is on any anti-epilepsy medication…

There are bound to be thousands of families out there in this situation who need information or support and who the dept of health and the drug company have let down these people need to take on their responsibilities instead of hiding away from them!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.